How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

After a divorce I was given a court order to settle finances

This answer was rated:

after a divorce I was given a court order to settle finances and so was my ex ,I have complied with my half but after 6 months he still hasn't , is there a time limit and can I take this back to the courts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went through the courts following divorce proceedings and was given a court order to pay my ex 40k of the proceeds from the sale of the house and 20% of my pension(45k) with an agreement that we should both split the payment of the transfer fee to the pension company to transfer his part of my pension to another company.6 months down the line he still hasn't paid them and I have received numerous amounts of letters saying he has ignored my pension providers letters.i have been in touch with the courts for advise but was told that they couldn't give advise but I could completed a form d11 under paragraph 15 with a fee of £155 .i have also been in touch with his solicitors who seem to phob me off with excuses.iwas wondering if there would be a time limit as to when all financial issues should be I now want to move on and gain access to pension to aquire a new property for security for our daughter and myself(im 55) and would I be able to claim any monies back if I pursue either the courts hep of any help from solicitors?

Hi, thank you for your question. Costs orders if you return the matter to court are not guaranteed and the court will need to assess why she has not complied and if it is reasonable or not. In the circumstances if the only issue that remains is him paying his share of the pension transfer costs it may be quicker and more cost effective to if you settle this so that the order can br fully implemented.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you