How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My Neice wants to take her son on holiday, abroard. Her Ex

Customer Question

My Neice wants to take her son on holiday, abroard. Her Ex Partner (child's father) refuses to sign passport application. Is there a waybypass his authority
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Whilst technically she needs the agreement of her ex to take the child abroad she does not need him to sign the Passport Applictaion form - she can do this alone

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can he stop her taking the child abroard? technically. you say Yes! He can. Practically. Should she Ignore the 'thechnicallity?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

If she is just going on holiday she should give him the details in writing - including flight details and where she is staying - well in advance.

Only if her ex actually successfully applies to the court for an order preventing the trip is there a problem if she goes - and the court will not grant an order to prevent an ordinary holiday

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Are you aware that the site charges more for a phone call?