How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35052
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I've currently been to court to gain access to my daughter

Customer Question

I've currently been to court to gain access to my daughter as the mother denied mediation and refused to be amicable.
I'm happy to pay though CSA and the arrears of the payments I've had to stop directly to the mother as she didn't wish to receive maintance directly from me.
The mother wishes me to pay maintance through CSA which, I am happy to do but the mother to my daughter wants me to supply the nappies, food, wipes and all the other good such as a new car seat that I've had to purchasexplain on top of the maintance I'm paying her. Any idea what I can do as CSA are unable to aid me?
Many thanks,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Just for clarity are you referring to the items that YOU use when you spend time with your daughter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello clare,Yes I am. I supply clothes, nappies, wipes, milk formula also food. Alone... I have supplied a new car seat, high chair and bottles when I purchased most of the goods when I was with the previous partner.The mother to my daughter made me homeless which I was still paying for maintance even when I lost my job soon after and become homeless. As a former Commando in the British Armed Forces I have had no support nor have I been verbal nor physical towards the mother of my daughter.Whats my rights... do I have to pay CSA for maintance and supply all the goods for my daughter when I have her for the few hours I spend with her?Kind regards,Tony
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry but the answer is yes I am afraid.

The maintenance you pay is your contribution towards all the expenses of caring for a child - housing heating clothing etc.

You are still liable to meet her needs while she is with you.

If there is a problem then SSAFA or the British Legion may be able to assist you - an don a more practical level there are many second hand baby sales which may help you as she grows.

I am sorry not to give you better news - please ask if you need further details