How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34911
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Ive been married nearly two years, am a gamekeeper and as a

Customer Question

ive been married nearly two years, am a gamekeeper and as a result have a house with my job, however my wife refuses to leave. what can I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Are there any children involved?

How long have you been trying to separate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no children, the marriage has only been 19 or so months, and has been wrong for a v long time. I sent her a text 2 months ago saying I wanted her to move out by xmas, but since mentioned since, has either told me to shut up or ignored me. She says she is only with me as she feels sorry for me, but I can't take any more
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Did you live together prior to the marriage?

Are you willing to start divorce proceedings

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we did, we have been together for a total of five years. I have asked for a divorce, but she says no. I told her I wanted her out by Christmas, but she is saying she will go when she wants. My house comes with my job. She has her own furnishings business and is solvent.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

For clarity - have you actually issued divorce proceedings at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

That is your starting point.

You need to issue divorce proceedings based on her Unreasonable Behaviour as soon as possible

the process is described here

Once you have the Decree Absolute your ex will have no right to remain in the property and you can give her 28 days written notice to leave

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details