How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask michael holly Your Own Question
michael holly
michael holly, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7041
Experience:  BA Hons degree Law , Solicitors finals, 20 years experience, trained family law mediator.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
michael holly is online now

A girl who worked for my family had sex with me and

Customer Question

a girl who worked for my family had sex with me and blackmailed me to expose photos to my wife. she wanted education and holidays - i spent lot of money and the demands are rising-what can i do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she said she loves me , I also fell in love but now she is behaving funny. Can i take her to court under any charges?
Expert:  michael holly replied 1 year ago.

Blackmail is a criminal offence so she could be prosecuted but that will involve everything coming out.

Ignoring the relationship side , you either continue to pay or you tell her that you do not intend to pay anymore and if she asks for any more money you will report her to the police for blackmail. Obviously you are taking the risk she will tell all.

If you intend to be with her I cannot see any problem with your wife knowing, she will have to find out sometime.

I cannot see you recovering anything if you sue the girl for money already given. She will say it was a gift and the court is unlikely to be sympathetic

Best wishes