How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My wife is trying to get legal aid. She have taken a letter

This answer was rated:

My wife is trying to get legal aid. She have taken a letter from doctor. How can she get a legal aid when she has been been domestic violence against me n threatening me n she was arrested by police for that. I also went to the GP for the complaint of phycial emotional n psychological abuse on me.

Thank you for your further question. You can both independently obtain legal aid if you satsify thr domestic violence evidence criteria, and thereafter mert the financial criteria.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know I won't get domestic violence legal aid because of my income. However how can I stop her from not getting legal aid because her allegations are false n without witness.

If the GP is able to confirm that there is evidence of domestic violence then that can be used to meet the criteria and cannot be challenged as it is the GP's independent expert opinion.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you