How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35047
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Have been divorced for 5 years son choose to live with his

This answer was rated:

Have been divorced for 5 years son choose to live with his dad now dad has dropped him at my house saying not having him anymore son is 19 can my ex husband do this

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

At 19 your son is an adult and neither of you have to house him unless you wish to do so.

So yes his father can do this - but you do not have to take him in

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you