How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I requested disclosure of any information I am entitled to

Customer Question

I requested disclosure of any information I am entitled to under the sex offenders 2010 act where by,you may request police records of my sister and her husband who my son lives with, from social services.I haven't heard from social services but instead today I got a caller with held number call me, I answered it and, it was my sister who has my son, with a rage and anger in her voice ,In an intimidating manner said before I could put the phone down onher,What the f...k did you do that,come and get your f..king son, I knew at this stage should I continue listening to her she would threaten me as the phone call left me shaken and intimidated and fearful of the extreme anger/temper, I felt of hers in her tone leaving concerns for the safety of my son as my sister is known for her violent temper and has attacked me in a frenzy in the past.After the telephone call, I called the police who will call me back, how do I deal with this matter and ongoing abuse from her as I Have Had enough,she is really bullying me , and has gone too far(in her previous abuse/threats to me)and I strongly believe she's acting criminally overall
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply, Apologises in the delay of my response. I actually wanted to know my options on how to deal with her abusive behaviour to me effectively . The only thing that comes to mind is the police. As theres no communication between us and theres no reasoning with her. Should I deal with this then I can focus, on the court case of a discharge of the residence order she has for my son.Also should the police be the only option ,Am I right in thinking the reference I have on reporting her would serve as evidence should itbe required in the court about her being abusive to me ,or do I ,have to give a statement to police and she then got prosecuted only then does that serve as evidence in court, should it be needed that she has been abusive to me.So really, I am asking the options of dealing with this abusive call effectively and as I have reported the crime to the police, do I also have to press charges(give a statement) and as a result she may be prosecuted.Is the conviction is whats needed in court ofher abuse or do they accept a reference number of her act,should this be required in court. I am considering my options, I would appreciate any suggestions on this question. Many Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

So, in short, she made one telephone call?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If not, what specifically has she done?

just a brief summary will be fine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She telephoned me and in a aggressive and threatening tone ,leaving me intimidated said, What the F..K did you do that ,Why don't you F.....g come and get him.This was a reference to my son residing with her.this telephone is one of a catalogue of abuse from her over the years and i want it to stop. Thank you. I am really looking and asking yourself is, whether at this stage ,merely a reference from the police sufficient in court or would a conviction is what is required in a family court.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

How many times has she done that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
once.I have decided to give a statement to the police.So thank you for your help on this.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

All the best.