How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son has been left the house we live in when is father

Customer Question

My son has been left the house we live in when is father dies, when he is 25 years old. He is now 6 years old. Are we entitled to live there until then. I live there now with his father and our son?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall od my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Could you clarify what has actually happened please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My partner is unwell and we have a son together. He has left everything to our son when he is 25 years old. We all live together in the property that is only in my partners name. As he is sick I do not want to bring this up and he has not. But will me and my son be homeless if my partner does pass away. As it will be bad enough that we could lose him. I just want to know whether we need to try and make provisions if we have to leave?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Please do not worry.

There is no reason why you and your son cannot remain in the property - indeed it is clear that that would be best for your son.

In addition you should be aware that you have your own separate claim on the property in your own right since you have lived together for more than two years.

This would enable you to make a claim against the estate using the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act.

Please ask if you need further details