How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My ex has recently left his job as he was ordered to pay

This answer was rated:

My ex has recently left his job as he was ordered to pay child support, he has told them he has no income but he has two properties one of which he is renting out and receiving income from every month and has done so for years. If child support are made aware of this can they make him pay?

Hi, thank you for your question. Yes, they should be informed of this as child maintenance is based on his gross taxable income. So if he is receiving an income from properties it should be included in the assessment.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you