How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I do They say at 14 she has the legal right to decide where

This answer was rated:

I do
They say at 14 she has the legal right to decide where she lives

Thanks for confirming. At 14 she can express her wishes and feelings but you have the right to apply to court for a child arrangement order (for residence) which will reflect the arrangements - basically stating that your daughter is to live with you.

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply .
It easy to be overwhelmed and feel alone especially when you are told the law and do not know the facts .
I will definitely request your advice again .
Professional and understanding are much appreciated .
Kind Regards
Miss . Sara .Hori
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you again .
At this present time I am unable to speak over phone as I am to emotional at this time .
I am gathering my thoughts and will check my finances .
I will request your advice again shortly .
Kind Regards ***** . Hori
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope you are able to help with my last question it is very difficult to know what the right course of action is .
Feel lost , love my daughter .
It's not just about the law but that is the only place to start .
Warmest Regards
Sara . Hori

This is only for you to decide, but if you believe that the best and safest place for her to be is with you and that being with grandmother is not in her best interests you may need to proceed with a court application.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for reply
I hope by speaking I can make me request clearer
Warmest Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need help with third party
It is not as simple making her come back
I would need to talk it through with you directly to explain
Warmest Regards *****