How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My two children (15/13) have just chosen to live with their

Customer Question

My two children (15/13) have just chosen to live with their father after living for three years with myself. In the three years that I have looked after them I have had no support from there father financially and I would have preferred them not to go but it was their choice. As I want to make sure that we have a clear understanding of what I expect whilst they are living with their father I have asked for them to return back to me tomorrow (Saturday) to sort as I have had a day of abuse from them and their father and he has blocked me for no reason!!!! I am fearful due to this that things may turn out for the worst and how do I know that their safe when I can't speak to them? Their father is refusing to bring them back (I have the texts proving this) tomorrow and I am concerned, where do I stand?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What would you like to know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What other information do you need as I thought my question was clear?!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what you are actually asking about - are you asking if you can force him to bring them back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am so very sorry but there is nothing you can do immediately if he does not bring them today.

In the longer term the only way that you could do that is to apply to the Court for a Child Arrangement Order - and given their ages I have to be very honest and say that it is unlikely that they will be forced to spend time with you if they do not want to

I am sovery sorry and hope that they swiftly realise that the grass is NOT greener with their father