How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I'm currently representing myself in family court regarding

Customer Question

I'm currently representing myself in family court regarding a child arrangement order. My ex is happy for me to have residency as long as I agree not to live with my partner. My partner's is getting CAFCASS checks. He has previous convictions but nothing to do with children. Can it affect the decision?
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. CAFCASS will confirm in their report that there were criminal issues if it comes up but as long as they are not child protection related they will not impact a decision.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you,

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 35 years.

before we can answer your question we need to know exactly what the convictions were for