How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife has filed for divorce 8 months ago and I have agreed

Customer Question

My wife has filed for divorce 8 months ago and I have agreed as the recipient and sent the forms back but she won't send the forms for the decree nisi.
Is there anything I can do to get this moving?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you know why she is delaying?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apart from spite no
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Your only option I am afraid is to warn your ex that unless she applies within the next 28 days you will apply to the ocurt for the dismissal of her petition so that you can issue your own - and then do that if she still delays

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details