How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35574
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

CSA have contacted me for maintenance payments. My ex won't

Customer Question

CSA have contacted me for maintenance payments. My ex won't allow me to see my child. And I'm not in the birth certificate as she didn't allow it. CSA require me to pay for DNA too. They don't seem to have any interest in me just the money
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old is the child and do you wish to see him or her?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If the child is mine which I'm 75/80% sure is. Then yes but she won't allow this. She was 1 in June. I'm not on the birth certificate and the mum has told me their better off without me. Yet has reported me to CSA
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.

The law says that a child is entitled to a relationship with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.

You can apply to the courts for a Child Arrangement Order setting out the time that the child spends with you.

It is likely that Contact will start in a Contact Centre

but it will move on from there.

The starting point is to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment meeting with a Family mediator

When that fails you can apply to the court

Please ask if you need further details