How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife has stopped phone contact with my kids. Is she

Customer Question

My wife has stopped phone contact with my kids. Is she allowed to do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the children and when is the first court hearing date?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare
My children are 9 and 6. Boy and Girl.
All these allegations against me are false. I have never done what she says. We have been sleeping apart for 5 yrs as she said she wanted space after the birth of or son.
I am still awaiting for the court date.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

When did you send the papers in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last monday
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

That is good - what further information are you looking for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can my wife stop me from speaking to my kids? She is alienating my kids from me.
She is also a solicitor.
How long do court dates take?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary

Your ex is acting inappropriately and you are entitled to ask the court to make an order allowing both direct and telephone contact.

You shoudl receive a hearing date within the next few weeks which is the start of the process which should eventually ensure that contact is resumed.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As she is a solicitor she has manipulated alot of people including my kids. Its been 4 months since I have seen my kids. I have a letrer from my neighbours that states she left my daughter alone in the houe while she was away for a few hours. My neighbour haas given a written statement for this as she was asked to watch my daughter from the window while she did the garden. Will this help me?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

The court will want to look at what is happening now - not what happened in the past I am afraid