How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

If my husband who I am legally separated from since 2004 has

This answer was rated:

If my husband who I am legally separated from since 2004 has divorced me how can I find out please. He is living in Essex and I am living in Ireland. He has remarried since 2014. Regina Hobbs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not yet received my reply please can u tell me is there a problem

Hi, thank you for your question. Are you aware if he has previously pursued divorce proceedings?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have had no contact with him since 2004. He was not allowed to have our address as rolled by the Irish Court. He was only to use my mother's address which he had and was also there many times during our marriage. I know that he is living in Great Dunmow in Essex and his name is***** 04:08:1964
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry his date of birth is 04:08:1965

Thanks for confirming. As there very may well have been divorce proceedings that you were not aware off you should make an application to the Central Family Court in London for a Decree Absolute search.

You should complete this form together with a £65 cehque made payable to HMCTS: and return it to: ***** *****
First Avenue House
42 - 49 High Holborn

The Court will then check if there is a Decree Absolute that has ended your marriage.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you