How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My Wife wants to rent a room in our house, I say no, What

Customer Question

My Wife wants to rent a room in our house, I say no, What rights do I have to stop this if she goes ahead, the house is in joint names & we have a mortgage.
We have been together for 7 years but only married this June
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

If your wife chooses to do this then she will only be able to have the lodger in the house whilst she is there - when she is not there the lodger would have to leave the house if you asked him or her to do so

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your answer
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome - I hope matters resolve

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to have to ask but could you please rate my answer as without a positive rating I do not get paid for my time