How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Other Side Submitting Order Directly To Court Roughly two

Customer Question

Other Side Submitting Order Directly To CourtRoughly two months ago I have a Final Hearing in a Private Family Law Case. I was represented by a Direct Access Barrister. My ex partner had a barrister and a solicitor.After the hearing my barrister (Barrister 1) drew up the order and sent it to my ex's barrister (Barrister 2). Barrister 2 then took almost three weeks to respond, and when she did proposed absurd changes to the order that would make serious differences to what was ordered in Court.Barrister 1 responded and nothing was heard back. Roughly one week later I received a copy of the order from the Court that was pretty much a copy of a document we got on the day; "The Lay Judges' Reasons".I made an application under the slip rule to request changes to this.Now roughly another three weeks letter my ex's solicitor has sent me a letter that she says she will send to Court in a couple of days. This letter claims that Barrister 1 refused to get back to Barrister 2 and falsely claims that I accepted changes from Barrister 2 that I did not. This letter goes on to suggest the order exactly as written by Barrister 2, ignoring all response from Barrister 1.If accepted by the Court this would result in a far worse order (for example there is a clause that allows Ex to cancel contact whenever she takes our daughter on holiday). What can I do in response?Many thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Will your Barrister confirm that he/she did not refuse to respond?