How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Would a non biological mother from a same sex relationship

Customer Question

Hi there,would a non biological mother from a same sex relationship have legal grounds to pursue a right for access, either through a parental responsibility order or a contact order if the child's birth certificate was signed by the biological mother as a double barreled surname?The nonbiological mother has lived with the child for 3 years, the relationship broke down, she continued for the next year to pay £250 to the biological mother monthly as way of maintenance and maintained agreed contact every week with out fail.Recently, for no good reason the biological mother has said she is stopping contact due to not being able to accept the relationship has ended, nothing to do with the child or the non biological mothers care.Only the birth mother is on the birth certificate as a parent but signed to use the non biological mothers surname to create a joint double barreled surname from them both for the child.Thankyou for your time and advice in advance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I have actually asked what contact you have had since you separated!