How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My grandaugter has said to the social workers that I hit her

Customer Question

my grandaugter has said to the social workers that I hit her mother. My daughter and I are astounded. We know it didn't happen but the social worker believes my grand daughter who is seven.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Why were the Social workers speaking to her and what action do they intend to take

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter had been binge drinkling and they have sent the children to the father whilst it is sorted out in court. When the statements came back from the Police the children had said that i hit my daughter and so did her father however we did not know the father had made allegations until the police reports came back. My daughter agrees that we have not hit her! One of the police reports say that they think the children were coached. However social services are now saying that the father should have custody and my daughter should have supervised visits. His solicitor has hammered the social workers. We cannot afford one. Before the social worker said that she wanted the children to go back to the 50 50 arrangement (the children also want this they are 7, 5, and 4) but now her manager has got involved and she has been taken off the case and the manager says that they have to recommend this because there is domestic abuse that the children have seen from us. we are devastated. the original social worker told us it was obvious that the children loved us and were not afraid but she will not be coming to court.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What is the position with regard to the drinking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was under huge financial and emotional pressure. When her husband reported her to the FCA, HMRC and DHS. this caused her to start on a binge. She was having to try and find £6000er month to cover all the bills. He contributed £56 per week. Her liver function test is normal and she has stopped drinking and is on acamprosite and an anti depressant, attends AA and a CBT therapist. She is determined not to drink again.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Has there been a Finding of Fact hearing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Social Services became involved he didn't agree with a safety plan that they proposed and put in a c100 for full custody. We are going to a second directions hearing on Monday but the social workers recommendation is as my earlier information.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Has she got a solicitor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but she can't use him very much because she has so little money
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What contact is your daughter having at the moment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On Saturdays but it has to be supervised by somebody whom the father agrees. On Friday he turned down ten people and we had to pay a freelance social worker to come which cost £135 for her to be there from 10am until 2pm. On Wednesday after school until 5.45 again with the same problems of supervision.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What about using a local Contact Centre?