How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife is moving out and wants kids 50% of time can I

Customer Question

My wife is moving out and wants kids 50% of time can I prevent her seeing them
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the children and why do you wish to stop her seeing them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are not divorced or legally separated she has decided to rent locally and expects 50% access which I don't agree with as it will disrupt lives and stability
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kids are 12,14 and 19 she's leaving as doesn't love me anymore
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry didn't mean to hit phone tab text is great
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

That is fine.

Who has had the day to day care of the chidlren until now?

What will the children want?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Until now normal marriage as we both work we share duties but it's fair to say I do 90% of school runs after school classes cooking cleaning shopping, for example she's had 3 holidays alone in October . I pay all bills house in my name I'm primary number st schools etc, I run own business so can work around kids she works shifts
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What will the children want?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They will want her to have visiting rights but to live at home
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

The law says that children are entitled to have a close relationship with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary

At 19 your eldest is an adult and can make his or her own decisions

Both of the younger children are of an age where their wishes will determine what time they spend with each of you - and there is no doubt that it should include overnight contact .

You should offer to discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation

choosing a mediator who also works with young people

Please ask if you need further details