How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My partner had a child with another woman, the child is 13

Customer Question

My partner had a child with another woman, the child is 13 before I meet him. He didn't have the status of staying in this country but when he was to be sent back home to Africa, they asked for DNA which he gave them. Yesterday he hot a letter to say he is not suppose to be here. Please help me what can I do as a partner before I loose him.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.


What nationality are you please?

What nationality are each of the child's parents?

Where was the child born please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm British, my partner'ex is British and the child is British and he was born here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ex's wife is British
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.


Is your partner still in the uk ?

Where is the child ?

Do you earn more than £18600 per year from employment?