How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34906
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Child Arrangement Order

Customer Question

Child Arrangement Order
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question and for asking for me

have you tried Family mediation at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the father would just talk us down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phone number***********
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Are you aware that the site charges more for a phone call.

In fact the father would NOT be able to take that approach in mediation - that is why there is a Mediator involved.

In any event the mother must attend a mediation Information and Assessment meeting (MIAM) before an applictaion can be made to the court.

Once this has been done (or mediation has failed) then the mother can apply to the court for an Order stating that the child lives with her and the father cannot remove the child from the care of the mother other than for mutually agreed contact.

This applictaion is made using a Form C100 available here

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The father is so domineering and just dictates and threatens to take the child if he disagrees
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Which is why a Court Order will solve the problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just need something to say he cannot remove the child every time he has taken her the police have had her returned do not want to stop him seeing her but need something so we do not need to keep phoning police as when we do they send in social services and they say every thing in the home is fine.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then what you need is the Order I have outlined above