How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I havent see my 2 children for over a year, i split from my

This answer was rated:

I havent see my 2 children for over a year, i split from my wife a year ago. i tried to get access to my children then, but now i had a civil meeting with my ex-wife the other weak about seeing the children, shes told me they dont want to see me. but friends of the family have told me my little girl is desperate to see me i dont know what to do?

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the children

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 and 8

The law says that children are entitled to a relationship with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.

The chidlren are too young to decide whether or not they have contact - they tend to tell each parent what they want to know - and at the moment they are with their mother and will reflect her views.

You need to arrange to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Appointment with a Family mediator (this is compulsory) if your ex will not attend mediation or mediation fails then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out what time the chidlren spend with you

The form you need is here

and the fee is £215.

Your relationship with the children will need rebuilding so you will need to start gradually and build up from there

I hope that this id of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you