How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

How can I get a court order to prevent my husband from

Customer Question

How can I get a court order to prevent my husband from returning to the marital home. We have been separated for almost 8yrs and he is in a relationship with another woman. They have a 6yr old son. He moved back into our home 2 years ago against my wishes and could not do anything about it because he is a joint owner but continues his relationship with this woman. He lies constantly and drinks excessively upsetting me and our 13yr old daughter which causes major arguments and lots of stress. He is currently in florida with his partner and son and thinks that he can come back to live at our home and continue to have a relationship with thie woman. It is like mental torture living like this on a daily basis. Is there anything I can do to prevent him coming back to our home wen he returns from his holiday. He causes so many arguments it's unbelievable. It's affecting my health.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

May I ask if you are willing to start divorce proceedings?