How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My friend let her baby go to the farther but he is refusing

Customer Question

Hi my friend let her baby go to the farther but he is refusing to bring the baby back what can she do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Which part of the Uk is she in and how old is the child?

is the father named on the birth certificate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She lives in exeter and the baby is 1 and yes the he is on the birth certificate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Has he given a reason for what he is doing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe it's because she won't give him her bank details
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Is he actually cpable of caring form him overnight or is this designed simply to scare her?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He normally has the kids every other weekend but some times when the child is with him he uses the baby against her and now he's just not returning the child
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can she call the police to try get the baby back or what can she do
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

In that case your friend needs to complete the form C100 here

in triplicate

and the EX160 for an Order that the child is returned to her care and that her ex cannot remove the child from her care

and take it to the court as soon as posisble - before 4 - and ask for an urgent immediate hearing.

Once she has the order she can ask the Police to help her recover the child

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The second link for the ex160 isn't working
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Try this one