How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34903
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been married with my husband 12 years he died

Customer Question

Hi I have been married with my husband 12 years he died yesterday. His house 2 years ago give it to my name as a gift now his kids want a court to get the house can they get it I need help on the house deed is my name and everything long registration as well
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry for your loss

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

I take it that the chidlren are simply saying they will take you to court?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Today they call me and said they send me to the court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband was married his first wife said in 2001. He sold the big house and after his wife death he bought a small house after few years in 2005 he get married with me he gave 3 children over 40 age. Now they are saying they want the house coz is for them not mine my husband 2 years ago he said I'm going to give the house to u as a gift coz after me death I don't want my children to send u to the court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now I don't know what to do in worry for his funeral they are busy about how to get my house for 15 years his children did come and visit him now he past way they came
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please should I find a solicitor or wait what they will send to me I'm confused thank you Clear
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Please do not worry.

They have no right to the house and there is no way that they can take if from you.

Your husband has made sure that you are secure.

You do not even have to speak to them if you do not wish to - just organise the funeral the way you wish to do it and ignore them completely if you wish to.

If they try to enter the house call the police

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was very good husband and father to them I don't know why the become like this thank you very much for your help thank you. Of course i will do my best for his funeral
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good night
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome - I hope things get a little better when they calm down