How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a force marriage order in place for me but i want to

Customer Question

hello i have a force marriage order in place for me but i want to get married so i am going back to court on 1st december i want to know whether the local authority will stop me from getting married even though they know it a loving relationship and met friend and my parents and my boyfriend i am quite nervous as i want to spend my life with him and im worried that the judge wont agree to discharge the order
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are you and why did the Local authority become involved?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am 19 years old right now becasue i married when i was only 16 and they assume and still think i was forced in doing so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well i wanted to end the marriage as i made the disicion with out thinkign about my future properly that why a order is in place but i want to get it discharged and want ot get marreid in april with my boyfrined.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

is this a different person?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i went to pakistan when i was 16 and got married and came back but then i changed my mind and wanted to break up so in order for that to happen i agreed to have this order in place. it has been 3-4 years since this order is in place but now i am mature and wanting to get married to my boyfriend i will need to get the order revoked will there be any barriers in the way.?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

When was the Order meant to end - or was it an indefinite one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think it is meant to be finished when im 18 . but still on going i dont really know.... but im 100% sure i cna get it revoked if i want to get married i dont know what issue there could be or why the judge will not alow me..
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a copy of the Order?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont have a copy of the order unfortunatly. but i am sure i can get it discharged.?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

It may well already have ended - but if not then there is no reason for the Local Authority to object - your are an adult now and it seems well able to show that you are making your own choices!

I would not expect there to be any problem at all

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as my social worker had met with witnesses for example mine and my boyfriend friend aswell as my boyfriend and my parents and she will be making a assessment and giving that to court . do you think that there will be no objection for this.?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I do not think you will have any problems at all

The Order was there to ensure that you had the freedom to make your own decision - and it seems that you have which is great.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay so you know when im in court shall i make it clear that it my own desicion and that i am happy with it and no one has influnenced or pressured me into this.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the judge will listen to me right and not disagree with me because of the social services even though there isnt any issue and discharge the order right
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Have Social Services told you they intend to oppose it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no they didnt but there doing a assessment met with our friend as a witness and also will be meeting my boyfriend tommorow and my parents . they have to make a assessment and take it to court and tell them how they feel about it .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

If you are as articulate with the court as you are with me I have no doubt that the Order will be lifted.

You clearly understand your position - and know what you want!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean sorry i didnt really understand?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am aware what this order is for, this is a force marriage order which protects me from getting influenced or pressured or forced into marriage. I have been aware of this protection for me and now I believe I no longer want this order to be in place as I have decided without anyone pressuring/forcing me of any sort I have made the decision of getting married to my boyfriend I am very happy with him and I would like to start my new adventure and life with him. My parents are happy and supporting me all the way I am very happy and excited. <---- how about saying this at court.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

That is exactly what you should say to the court.

You are well able to explain why you needed protecting years ago - and why things are different now.

I think you will do very well