How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I want to know my ex's legal rights to my children. One of

Customer Question

I want to know my ex's legal rights to my children. One of them is biologically his.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the children?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We recently split up and he found out that I started seeing someone else soon after the split. I have agreed to him having the children weekends And told him that I want to sort it amicably. But he's very angry and hurt and I think he may use the children against me. They are 5 and 2. The older one is not related or adopted by him. We weren't married.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has already seen a solicitor and says he has legal rights over the non biological daughter. He doesn't live anywhere nearby and works full time long hours. I have never been under social services and the only police contact was after a domestic dispute last week where I called 101 to report the incident the following day.