How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been married with my husband for 4 years, I am from

Customer Question

Hi, I have been married with my husband for 4 years, I am from Indonesia and my husband English.
Before married me, my husband had divorce for 20 years and have three children (their age around 33 years and 30 years) and also he didn't have house (mean he rent the house before he married me).
and after our married three years we decide to buy a house so he paid for deposit and I pay for mortgage every month and pay for expenses of our living.
my question is : if something happen with my husband (mean he died first) what happen with our house? is that possible his children will take over ?
Many thanks for your help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Who actually owns the property>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the property with my name.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the property in my name. because my husband and I agreed that for my security.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello, I am still waiting your answer. thx
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay.

If the property is in your name then if your husband dies first there is no claim that his children can make on the house

However it would still be sensible for your husband to make a Will to ensure your protection in the event of his death - but the house is not a problem.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks very much!! your answer very satisfied!! if I need a lawyer in the future will get in touch with you.have a good day!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome