How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34907
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have asked you before about this if the paper work is not

Customer Question

I have asked you before about this if the paper work is not in court yet about my grandson and still have an sgo and I change my mind about adoption why would they want to take me too court that would b a waste of time
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

When you say "change my mind about adoption" what do you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As you no I have a sgo until social service's take it back to court to b reversed I no they are only preparing the paper work at the moment and I no I said to them about adoption and they said it would b interest of the child as I hurt my back half way through the transition and his mum is a drug addict and won't leave me alone for money and is all ways shouting at me they said that is no good for the child I'm not sure if I've done the right thing agreeing to adoption I fill terribly guilty I no in my mind it's better for him to have a mummy and daddy I'm on my own and someone younger who can play games and running which I can't do I'm 60 but my heart said he should b with me how much time do I have to Chang my mind if I do
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Just to check - he is currently with Foster Carers isnt he?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is sti in foster care
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then if you change your mind the Local Authority would have to apply for a Care Order and a Placement order

It will then be up to a Judge to decide whether the hcild would still be better off with you - which is possible!