How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I want my husband to leave and he will not he tells me that

Customer Question

I want my husband to leave and he will not he tells me that he is leaving and does not he threating with verbal abuse we live in sheltered and I don't want to get police out because of the tenants that live here I have been to a scheme manager they say I can only have a bedsit I need a flat because I have a lot of mobility equipment I have given him money to start a fresh but he will not go this has been going on for 7 years we have been married 8 please help thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but In need some further information first.

Who owns the property?

Are you willing to start divorce proceedings?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We rent the property with anchor we are joint tenants yes I would like a divorce how much would it cost
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Has there ever been any physical violence?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hw throws things and when he does he frightens me
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You can issue a divorce Petition based on his Unreasonable Behaviour

The details are here

The fee is £550 but you may be eligible for fee remission

Once the divorce is underway you can apply for a Financial Order and ask for the Transfer of teh tenancy into your sole name - forcing your husband to leave.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details