How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am not married too my baby's Father. His name is not on

Customer Question

I am not married too my baby's Father. His name is ***** ***** the birth certificate and I wish no contact. Can he force the issue?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question my name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Why do you not wish him to have contact?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid of him, he is very controlling and psychologically abusive. I feel I have had a lucky escape with the support of my family./ The thought of him being near me and my baby makes me have a panic attack. he is threatening me that if I do not give him access he will go to law hence my seeking advice
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Has he ever been physically violent - to you or anyone else?