How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Currently I have a contact order with my son. I am looking

Customer Question

Hi , Currently I have a contact order with my son. I am looking to amend the current order i.e. sharing the driving. Currently I do all the driving every other w/e and I would like to amend the contact order to shared driving, or meeting half way. Also I want to put in place an arrangement whereby if I was taken ill then my ex-wife would arrange to pickup my son.
What it the process involved in changing the contact order? Could I do this myself or would it be better for a solicitor to deal with the application? If so would you be able to advise on cost, and do you think a change to the order would be successful?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

How old is the hcild and have you discussed this with your ex?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, My son will be 11 in July. Me & my ex only communicate by email/or text.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Are you aware that the site charges extra for a phone call?

Why did you end up doing all the driving originally?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the hearing my ex produced a letter from the Doctor saying she was unable to do any long distance driving, and because of this I was given extra contact time due to the driving I would be doing.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Do you have reason to think that her situation has changed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well considering it's been 6-7 years since we divorced I would like to think that the stressful situations we were in is now over and there is room for negotiation.