How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now
Family Law
This answer was rated:

I bought my house in 2009 on my name and my wife divorced me

in***** Now in 2017 I... Show More
in***** Now in 2017 I want to sell the house, I have 2 kids that live with my ex wife one is 15 years old and one is 16 years old. Also my ex wife has remarried now, and she has her own house and she is also a working doctor. So now if I want to sell my house can my wife claim any of it for the kids
Show Less
Ask Your Own Family Law Question

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if you are in England or Wales?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
I am in Wales (Cardiff )

Thanks for confirming. Who petitioned for divorce. If it was her, please confirm if she ticked all the financial relief boxes at the end of the divorce petition?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
She did but she didn't calame anything

Apologies for the delay in responding. In the circumstances, she has now lost her right to claim financial relief as she has remarried.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you