How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have completed a contact order last year, completed in

Customer Question

Hi;I have completed a contact order last year, completed in October 2016. This grants me weekend contact with my two young children. Every Sunday contact 12-6, and every other weekend Saturday 11 - Sunday 6. From Christmas 2017, the children will be with me half of all holidays. The problem is, their mother constantly interferes, disrupts and attempts to prohibit my contact with the children. The order states that we ought to work together to make they upbringing better, however she refuses to do so at any given point. I was wondering whether it would be worth referring the matter back to the Judge, as I previously suggested that I would like to pick the children up from school to minimise direct contact and influence from my ex.Many thanks
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if the order has been breached at all, if so in what way and when?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was breached initially last year, and again last weekend. Additionally, the judge ordered mum not to berate me to the children which she has done on several occasions.
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Thank you - in the circumstances you will need to consider applying to court for enforcement of the order using form C79 and a £215 court fee. the court will consider the options to penalise the mother for breaching the order.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you