How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband died and left no will the house was in his name

Customer Question

hi my husband died and left no will the house was in his name its all paid for I have the deeds how do I change the name on the deeds to mine
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Since the house is in his sole name you will have to apply to the Probate Registry for Letters of Administration so that you can transfer the property into your name at the Land Registry

You should phone you local Probate Registry

who will send you the necessary forms

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details