How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34893
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Do i need my EX give permission to let my husband have

Customer Question

do i need my EX give permission to let my husband have parental responsibility
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-How old are the children?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We are in England and the oldest is 7 and the youngest is 5 months old and is my husband child
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 35 years.

\the answer is straightforward I am afraid.

If your ex is named on the birth certificate then you can only give your husband parental responsibility for your older child with the agreement of the father or an Order from the court.

The form you would need is here

Please ask if you need further details