How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am a british citizen and got married abroad. My wife has

Customer Question

I am a british citizen and got married abroad. My wife has been in the UK for just over two years. Her spouse visa expries in November.
I am currently out of work as I got made redundant last month. I am trying my best to get into work.
I have no savings and currently claiming benefits.
We have a 7 months old son who is a british citizen.
Can I get some advice on what I should do next.
Thank you
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

What would you like to know?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello ClareI would like to know what I should do as her renewal is due in November.Shall I apply for my wifes extension.Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Do you wish her and the child to remain in the Uk?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Then you should apply for the extension

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am currently not working ss I was made redundant last month. Will that effect my wifes application
Customer: replied 9 months ago.