How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34893
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I recently got married but i found out that my recent

Customer Question

i recently got married but i found out that my recent husband has committed adultery while married to me.i want to divorce him.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: am based in London
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: what you mean
Assistant: I hope not.
Customer: no i just know that he has been seeing another woman
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: he is an ugandan citizen. I married him bcs i know him since 10 years ago. there it was a love story. even i applied for the visa to get him in the UK. But recently i have been told that he has another woman back in africa and i dont trust him anymore to be my husband. So what shall i do. I dont want to be used for the visa so he can come to the UK.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need to know what shall i do at this point?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your quetsion

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

When did you actually get married?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2 months ago
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I actually am not happy with your service. I dont know why you keep asking for money from 26 to 44 pounds.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you havent give me any answer
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry about the site popups they are outside of my control.

I am afraid that you will not be able to issue a Divorce Petition until you have been married for a year.

You can certainly prepare a petition base don his Unreasonable Behaviour ready to be issued - but you cannot do so until the first anniversary

More details about the process here

I hope that this is of assistance- please ask if you need further details