How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

After a difficult divorce and custardy case with my ex wife,

Customer Question

After a difficult divorce and custardy case with my ex wife, I have joint custardy and spend equal time with my son. I have worked around his school times but my job may require him to go to my mother's or sister's after school. Can my ex wife use this to take my son away from me?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm:

-If you are in England or Wales?

-How old your son is?

-If there is a court order in place, if so what are the terms?

-Why is she causing an issue about your proposals?

Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Harris,
I'm sorry for not responding.
I am actually the sister in the scenario I described.
My brother has the child and the ex wife.
We are in England and my brother's son is 9. I'll send you the court order.We have no reason to think that his ex wife will take him to court but he is fearful of loosing custody and I wanted to reassure him.If you have nowcosed this case as I was unable to get back to you, I understand.