James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I jointly own a property with my ex partner. He has been

Customer Question

I jointly own a property with my ex partner. He has been residing in it since we split and I am renting elsewhere. As it was in negative equity when we split we agreed he'd stay there & pay the mortgage until such time there was equity in the property, when he would buy me out. I know it is now in positive equity and I have been asking him for some months now to remortgage and buy me out, he always says he will but never gets round to it. What can I do to make this happen?
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if you are married?

Please also confirm if there are any deeds of trust or formal agreements between you?

Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.