How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I jointly own a property with my ex partner. He has been

Customer Question

I jointly own a property with my ex partner. He has been residing in it since we split and I am renting elsewhere. As it was in negative equity when we split we agreed he'd stay there & pay the mortgage until such time there was equity in the property, when he would buy me out. I know it is now in positive equity and I have been asking him for some months now to remortgage and buy me out, he always says he will but never gets round to it. What can I do to make this happen?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if you are married?

Please also confirm if there are any deeds of trust or formal agreements between you?

Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.