How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband own 3 properties out right. I own 1 property with

Customer Question

My husband own 3 properties out right. I own 1 property with mortgage. We married for 3 years now If we divorce do I entitle any of his asset ?My property was bought with my son jointly owned. Later my son's job moved to China and he is no longer be able to get mortgage in UK. I had to remove his name in order to remortgage. If I put my son's name back on now before my husband divorce me, will my property be considered as joined owned in divorce proceeding in court?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your quetsion

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

A three year relationship when you have your own property is not going to entitle you to a particularly large share of the matrimonial home and certainly not a share of other assets.

Changing the names on the house you own will not change the situation at all.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What if I ask my husband add my name on the property and car, do I entitle half of the property and the car?What if I have a deeds of trust on my owned property stating that the property is jointly owned with my son and his share is 99%? Do I entitle more of my husband's asset?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Clare, Could you please check my attached HR1 form?
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

There is no action that you can take that will change the financial outcome of a divorce - other than remain married for many more years