How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10239
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

If he doesn't have a copy and I don't have a copy and the

Customer Question

if he doesn't have a copy and I don't have a copy and the solicitor no longer exists, Do I need to do anything? will it be recorded against the deeds at all?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 8 months ago.

It may be recorded against the deeds as a restriction. You can get the deeds from the land registry here. They only cost 3 pounds.!ut/p/b1/04_SjzS0tDQwMTIxMjLXj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOKNjSxMDA1NjDwsjM3MDTxN3dyNDUNMjQ1MjPWDU_P0c6McFQH3SLFU/

there is no central register of deeds like this and if it isn’t on the land registry is a restriction or any other way, and no one has a copy, there is no way of anyone proving what was or what was not in the trust or even that it existed.

Of course, I cannot tell you to lie about that but I’m sure you get my meaning.