How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34893
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have moved recently to uk and have no job as yet im

Customer Question

Hi i have moved recently to uk and have no job as yet im staying with my 2 children and wife . what are the benefits i can claim from the government , kindly advice on that and how much will i get in total from all benefits and how long does it takes to process the same and what are the procedures to have them.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What nationality are you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Im sorry for not providing you the correct information . i am a British national with 2 children who are also british and with a pakistani wife who has moved to UK on a settlment visa.
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

You are unlikely to be eligible for any benefits until you have been here for at least three months.

You are however able to apply for Child Benefit immediately

After three months you can apply for Child Tax Credits, Housing Benefit and Income support.

You can check the specifics here

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Claire thanks for the info , sorry for coming back late as i had met with an accident and was unwell to respond.
i understand that i can claim this after 3 months , at the moment my wife and my children are in the uk and im winding my work out of England . i have a National insurance no , so what i understood from u is that i can claim child benefits immediately and the rest after 3months ..what is child tax credit and income support , kindly advice on that and i have two boys 7 and 12 how much will i be entitled to in terms of benefits taking into consideration all the benefits?
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry I did not see this

If you use the website above then you can work out what you will receive