How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

We are wanting to take my step son on holiday and have court

Customer Question

HI Pearl, we are wanting to take my step son on holiday and have court orders in place. However, when asking for passport details to check in, resident mother is not forthcoming with information and has not responded to messages for over a week. Is there anything we can do about this? I feel petty asking anyone about these matters so am being a little anonymous online. We are also considering applying for the orders to be varied to avoid exploitation of loop holes I may ask about this later though.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Gloucestershire
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no MIAM has been requested again to try to iron out via mediation although this has been ongoing for 10 years
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Have you taken the child abroad before?

How old is the child?

When did you first ask for the passport?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HI Clare, Thanks you for getting back to me. We do not need further advice, but thanks for your time.
Best wishes,