How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask michael holly Your Own Question
michael holly
michael holly, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7049
Experience:  BA Hons degree Law , Solicitors finals, 20 years experience, trained family law mediator.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
michael holly is online now

My ex wife accessed my phone without permission to contact a

This answer was rated:

My ex wife accessed my phone without permission to contact a friend of mine and verbally insult and threaten them, can this be the grounds for a lawsuit if my friend testify to her action?

Threatening someone with harm is a criminal offence and can be reported to the police.

In civil law your friend can apply for an injunction if there is a likelihood that your ex wife may do it again . Also if the threats physically upset your friend then a claim for damages for personal injury is possible.

I hope this helps. If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes


michael holly and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you