How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35219
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Can my partner take my child back to romania without my

Customer Question

can my partner take my child back to romania without my consent?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm:

-How old is the child?

-Is your partner the mother or father?

-If the father, is he named on the birth certificate or are you married?

Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My name is Clare and I have been a family lawyer for more than 36 years.

In Order to take the child out of the Uk for good your partner will need wither your agreement or an Order from the Court

If your partner simply intends a holiday then the Court will see this as reasonable

If the move is to be permanent then the court will need to be convinced that the benefits of the move outweigh the damage to the relationship with you - and to be certain that proper arrangements are in place for ongoing contact

If your names not on the Birth Certificate then you will need to apply for Parental Responsibility in order to ensure this - but this will be granted at short notice if need be,