How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If my husband is the petitioner in my divorce should I have

Customer Question

If my husband is the petitioner in my divorce should I have received something from the court reference my son (D185). My son currently lives with me. I have received a certificate of entitlement to a decree ( this happened in Mar17), But my son has never been mentioned.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Years ago there would have had to be a hearing about the child before a Decree Nisi was granted - but now you do not even need to put the child's name on the form.

So no you should not have received anything else under the latest system

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details